Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Portmanteau words

Google Search: "portmanteau word"

[Linguistics] a word that is formed by combining two or more words (also called blend, portmanteau or frankenword from Frankenstein
and word)

we used to say WORTLE for hot WATer bottLE

List of portmanteaus: Information From Answers.com Portmanteau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Post a Comment

<< Home