Thursday, January 20, 2005

a four guitar family

Inge-Lise has the oldest, a spanish style guitar made in Hong Kong.
She bought it there more than 30 years ago when she attended King George
Grammar school,
and earned pocket money in the office of the fresh water tunnel and dam
construction site.
Back in Denmark it got restrung with steel strings and a tail piece
so the sound board has sagged and curled. she also uses a capåo

The second is a damaged german made guitar about 30 years old.
I found it in a skip - kontainer på dansk - a project on hold.
It thas lost its bridge, saddel på dansk -which would cost about 500 kroner
hand made
by our local lutier on the corner of Klosterstræde Copenhagen.
igot a new set of soft strings for it
and I was looking at a plastic ice scaper
which might be adaptable because hard wood is best .

My daughter Manja (pronounced man-ya) saw the second guitar
under the kitchen table here and asked if she might have it.
Not worth spending money on repairing it
so I gave her the third -
a decent spanish guitar which was restrung with best quality nylon
strings,
made into a left hander and fine adjusted by our lutier.

Now she is talking about an electric guitar as a RAMSTEIN fan.

I got the fourth guitar a month ago as my birthday present to me for my
sixty nineth birthday.
My left hand is very stiff so I do cautious finger gymnastics like the ones
I learned
in the late fifties for bassoonists - or in fact pianists.
It is a STAGG spanish handmade model C546



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home